" Who are we but the stories we tell ourselves....
Scott Turrow, American Author ( 1949-present )
"People have a hard time letting go of their suffering.
Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar."
Thich Nhat Hanh
" Pain in this life in not avoidable,
but the pain we create avoiding pain, is avoidable"
" Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than ACTION Action is always a better choice than inaction. The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing: the worst thing you can do, is do nothing"
Dr Jack Kruse
I like to call the therapy I offer - Active Therapy or Active Counselling.....
It is based on Holistic Counselling practice (which is one of my qualifications) - Holistic Counselling is not a traditional ‘talk and listen’ style of counselling. Yes, talking and listening are a very important part of the counselling process, however additionally in Holistic Counselling we focus on each clients innate ability to access their own healing, through our support and guidance and by using active processes to work through blockages, addictions, stories, overpowering emotions, even illnesses that are pointing to something that needs to be seen.
Many of the techniques are from the leaders in their fields of research: Doctors and heads of Learning institutes with over 30+ years of study and development in Neural Science, Human Biological Science, Thought Field, Self Enquiry Process, Attachment styles, The Heart Math Institute etc
When you work with me, the word Holistic in front of counsellor implies a focus on:
- Conscious and Subconscious mind
- Our physical body (where we hold and block emotions and energy)
- Our spirit or soul - the living energy that is greater than 1 person and 1 life
- Our Etheric bodies - the energy that flows through us and around us
- Active participation in your own healing processes
This form of active counselling can assist in areas such as :
- Sadness, low energy levels and finding it hard to be motivated
- Living with Anxiety &/or nervousness
- Unable to manage high levels of stress
- Relationship difficulties (I do not counsel couples together)
- Repetitive behaviors & addictions
- Self harming
- Feeling stuck (in life, work, relationships, with money etc)
- Holding trauma in your body & mind & Spirit
- Childhood wounds such as abandonment, being ignored, being abused
- Blocked emotional energy
- Listless or tired all the time
- illness that is affecting your quality of life ( not to fix a medical condition but to see what the symptoms point towards)
Humans are multi dimensional, we 'exist' as:
beings, and so to work on only on the mental aspects of ourselves is not enough to shift beyond stress, trauma, depression etc
We have to work on all our dimensions!
The Ancient civilizations knew this, science is now starting to explain the building blocks that explain why this ancient knowledge works. When we combine these we arrive at a place of immense healing potential including longevity, rewiring the brain, working to release negativity in our DNA, balancing our etheric-self (our energy plane), grounding into Gaia and soaring spiritually with our higher selves. We are also able to tune into our intuition on demand and improve our ability to navigate change - and lets face it, we are facing a time of great change for humans and our planet at the moment.
I will never stop learning, growing and studying in these areas - we are living in exciting times for humans, we are beginning to understand some of the inbuilt capacity we have to live beyond the pain body.
Active therapy with the Essential You offers a balanced series of processes to repair and improve your: Physical, Emotional, Mental and Etheric self.
Some of the amazing specilialists who inform us in their fields of expertise are Stan Tatking ( the PACT institute ), Dr Jane Petersen PHD, Candice Pert ( Molecules of Emotions ), NICABm, Dr Peter Levine, Diane Poole Heller ( on attachment Styles ), Eckart Tolle, Gregg Braden, Burt Hellinger, Dr Milton Erickson, Deepak Chopra, the Dalai Lama and so many more.
I package some of their knowledge and fields of expertise to support you when you are ready to move beyond an ordinary and painful life.
Modalities on offer
- Hypnotherapy, stop smoking, permanent weight loss, performance enhancement and stress removal
- The Work of Byron Katie
- Energy Psychology Therapies – Emotional Freedom Technique ( EFT) – Dissolution Freedom Technique, EMDR, Thought Field Therapy
- Creative Visualisations ( including reclaiming the Inner Child )
- Guided Meditations – Soul Meditations, Meditations for guidance, Systemic Meditations, Meditations for manifesting
- Systemic Constellations – Structural, Body Sculpturing, Family, Adoption
- Effective Communication and Communicating your Essential Message without fear
- Exploring Boundaries, Attachments styles, creating healthy relationships ( Work of Stan Tatkin )
- Releasing Trauma – Peter Levine’s 9 step process.
- …..And more as appropriate.